Some of these sites will work seamlessly and can be used with any of the items listed above. Now some of these sites do require something extra and I will let you know which ones they are and what they need to function. Sometimes it is just as simple as having Quicktime on your computer or maybe you will need to open the link with a different browser than you normally would. Most however work great on their own with what you have on your computer. Remember that you will also need to have a set of speakers so that your students can hear.
- Virtual Keyboard - Has many different instruments and drum beats for students.
- ArtsEdge - Sponsored by the Kennedy Center
- Continental Harmony - from PBS, appropriate for grades 3-8
- Music Theory - A site that has many different resources to teach students about music.
- Playmusic.org - kid friendly site explaining music, musicians and composers
- SFSKIDS - Learn about the orchestra from the San Fransisco Symphony
- Which Instrument am I - listen to the sounds and choose the correct instrument.
- Smithsonian Global Sound - Introduction to the music of the Mexican Mariachi bands
Have fun with these and I will keep posting more periodically for different subject areas.