Now that we are just a few days away from the end of yet another school year, the fear sets in, and a question comes to mind. Are my students/children going to forget what they have learned during the school year this summer? We all know that somewhere down the line we all seem to click off the learning button when it comes to the summer. The beautiful days, full of sunshine, trips to the pool, beaches and other areas to visit.
Fear not, try out these links to give your students/kids some fun time on the computer. Oh and it is educational too.
1. Have your students learn about the US Mint with History In your Pocket website.
2. Play all types of interactive learning games with Funschool from Kaboose.
3. Learn lots of fun and interesting facts about everything at Fact Monster.
4. Get more information that you want to know about in Math at Math Playground.
5. Learn about the Geography from the National Geographic Kids site.
6. Did you ever want to learn how to play a musical instrument, try out Play Music.
7. Learn about America's Story from the Library of Congress.
8. Get a grip on Art with the Art Junction.
9. Learn about the Science Experiment of the Week.
10. Learn how to create computer programs with Scratch from MIT Media Labs.
These websites range in difficulty to offer challenges to all grade levels from Kindergarten to High School. So after your students/kids have visited their favorite vacation spots or have been outside running around all day getting physical exercise. Give them the opportunity to exercise their minds too with a couple of these websites.