Nothing has changed in the button options when you click the Advance button. The Capture still images, Record video and Time Lapse capture have not changed. The Camera Settings button has changed slightly in the way that it looks for users.
Now for what I think is the best new upgrade is that the Arrow and Menu buttons on the right side of the panel are now fully functional. This is a big leap over previous versions where they seemed to be just ornamental and were waiting for technology and coding to catch up with them so they would work properly.
Now to go along with all of the good I have to give you my opinions on what I think are some of the bad things I have seen with the new DC 190 and software.
- The Rotate button is no longer on the remote control, a staple that has been there for a while. Now you have to go into the software Advanced tools or use the hardware Menu key on the remote.
- You can no longer see the Doc Cam internal storage as a drive on the computer when the unit is turned off. You will have to change the default menu options to save to a USB drive then take that to the computer to read the information that has been saved to the DC 190 base.
- The built in microphone will only record to the doc cam. It cannot be used as a USB microphone through the computer. May just need to have a USB Audio driver upgrade.
- The Microscope attachment has gone from a threaded design to a post attachment design. To me this is a real design flaw that needs to be addressed. Within the first month of installation many of our teachers have already broken the adapter because they have twisted it to far and the posts break off which are no more than a millimeter or two thick.
- No clear instruction for switching the light sources on the Doc Cam.